Monday, January 22, 2024

2024 Session | January 22nd Update

We've wrapped up the first full week of the 2024 General Assembly Session and things are moving quickly.

It was another busy week of meeting with advocacy groups and lobbyists on bills that are important to them. Starting on MLK Day, traditionally the biggest lobby day of the session,  there were a lot of folks visiting the building, advocating on a variety of issues from gun violence prevention to criminal sentencing reform and from environmental protection to mental health care.

 

New Chair Appointments

 

Chairman Bulova appointed me as Chair of the Housing & Consumer Protection Subcommittee of the General Laws Committee and Chairman Hope appointed me as Chair of the Civil Law Subcommittee of the Courts of Justice Committee. These are two of the busiest subcommittees in the legislature and is in addition to my role as Chair of the Public Safety Committee. We had our first meetings last week and I'm looking forward to continuing our work this session.

 

Keep reading for a legislative update on my bills, information on the budget amendments I've introduced, and a few more items!